Friday, May 8, 2009

Waiting

Okay, here's the deal. I had the hcg shot a little earlier in the week, followed by the timed intercourse, and went in today for the NHC to make sure I ovulated. They did an ultrasound, which was inconclusive. The left ovary basically just doesn't matter at this point. The right ovary is three times the normal size--the PA didn't give a reason, and I didn't think to ask, but she didn't make it seem like it was a big deal. When they measured my follicles, there were several really large ones--29, 24, 24, 19, and maybe a couple more. For ovulation to have occurred, a few follicles would have burst and released eggs. When I went last week, they were expecting about three to be released. Today, the doctor said three may have been released and that the large follicles left in my ovaries may just be cysts (remember, the PolyCYSTic Ovarian Syndrome), which I believe are just follicles that hold unmatured eggs. They took blood to check my Progesterone levels--if they're really high, this means I've ovulated. If not, then I haven't.

If I haven't ovulated, the PA will prescribe another injection for me to give myself that is, again, supposed to "make" me ovulate. She said it's kind of like a backup. I pray that I have already ovulated and that we can just wait the two weeks to see if I'm preggo based on the initial injection. She is supposed to give me a call tomorrow with the results, and we will go from there. Another waiting game. More uncertainty. Another bend in the road. I know it's all part of God's plan for us, though. I am aware of that and trying to keep that in my head at all times and, again, remain positive! Please keep praying for us.

I am so ready for the weekend! We did most of our indoor/outdoor household cleanup this evening, so we have the whole weekend to hang. I'm not sure what we'll do, but it will be nice to just relax and also to sleep in a little tomorrow. I think the weather's supposed to be kind of funky, so we'll see. Maybe some Open Houses? :)

No comments: