Monday, May 4, 2009

More Follicle Talk...

I felt like I worked for an hour today and was at the doctor for 10. I actually only worked for about 6 hours today and was at the doctor for 1.5 hours. I spent a good portion of the time right before the appointment freaking out--and I mean freaking out. Like, felt like I was going to be sick from anxiety. You get the picture. I was soooooooo nervous about the follicles still being small!

At the NHC, they collected a sample for the Postcoital test, and everything looked really good. The P.A. said that there were millions and millions and millions of sperm, meaning that my body was not killing them off, so we are good to go on "timed intercourse" instead of Intrauterine Insemination (IUI). I will not go over the specific timing for our sake and yours, but it will be within the next week. One of the doctors will give me a shot of HCG, which will cause me to ovulate. The timed intercourse occurs after this, and then I go to the office to take a pregnancy test a couple of weeks later. I don't know that I'll be able to wait until I actually go to their office to find out if a test will be positive or negative. They'll be doing a blood test, but I feel that I will have to take a home test before I go. I will need to be mentally prepared for the "no," just in case.

This is all occurring, by the way, because my largest follicle was 16.5mm. The next largest two were 13.5 and 13.9. The P.A. said that this was perfect because these three should all grow just a little bit bigger before they are released, and three is a good number. If it was many more than that, it would be close to a level of being unsafe. You can't have 10 eggs coming out! Also, my uterine lining was 10mm, providing plush, 4-star accommodations for any possible teeny-tiny J's.

Overall, I feel very positive about the visit today, but again, I am being realistic. Not pessimistic but just preparing myself for all possible outcomes. I cannot get all excited until I actually have a baby J in there for a couple of months!

Now, off to watch 24 and maybe a little Gossip Girl, then bed. I am planning on working about 10 hours tomorrow to make up for the time that I missed today. Can't wait! (more sarcasm...I can't help myself ) :)

No comments: