Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Quick Update

We just got back from the doctor's office, and I am ready to clean house!!!! (just a hint of sarcasm there) The basic scoop is that the "dominant" follicles grew, but not that much. I have to continue the Pen until Monday, when I return to the NHC for an ultrasound and also for them to do a Postcoital Test. The main follicles grew to over 10mm instead of just the 9mm from before, so that's good, but he said the goal is for them to be at least 16mm. Also the thickness of my uterine lining has increased by 2 mm since the last visit and needs to increase by at least 1mm before Monday, which should be no problem because he increased my estrogen dosage to 3x daily instead of 2x.

I am trying to keep positive--keep praying for me/us because we need the follicles to grow! The doctor did not make it sound like this would be too much of a problem, but we will see. He talked most of the time about how the medication from the Pen greatly increases the chance of having two or more babies...I told Ryan we need to go look at some houses! :) Hey, I'm always trying to come up with good reasons for that--this is the perfect one. More room for more babies...but seriously, at this point, we will be happy to have what God wants to give us. If that means nothing this month, then we will trek on to next month. I am being hopeful but realistic. Okay, off to cleaning. Can't wait!

No comments: