Monday, May 11, 2009

The Big O

The big news of today is that..............I ovulated last week when I was supposed to!! I spoke with one of the clinicians at the NHC today, and she said my bloodwork confirmed that this happened. Now, we wait until next week when they can conduct a blood test to check for pregnancy. I really can't even take a home test until then because the hcg injection they gave me last week would possibly/probably cause a false positive. More waiting! Please pray for us during this week.

This weekend was nice. The weather was beautiful, and we were able to relax on Saturday and spend time with our moms on Sunday. Our friend, Jamane--yes, it's JAmane, not JERmaine :)--came over with her sweet little girl, Jaidyn. I can't believe how big she's getting! Here's the one picture I was able to take that turned out halfway decent:
She and Ryan had a great time running back and forth all around our yard while Jamane and I sat and talked. Good practice for him! Obviously, Sunday was Mother's Day. Here are the planters I made for our mothers as their gifts:
I LOVE making these. Last year, I made one for our front yard and four different containers for the deck in our backyard. It gets expensive because you have to buy so many plants to really fill them and make them look good, but I've learned to buy them at Wal-Mart, and I can use more plants because it's so much cheaper! I can't wait to make my own--I might do that this upcoming weekend. We didn't take any pictures with my family this week, but here are the best couple from our "photography session" at the Jeffersons' house:
Ry and me...with his semi-fake smile :]
My favorite Brother-in-Law and Pseudo-Sister-in-Law..lovebirds :)
This is best family photo, which turned out pretty good! This was at the end of the "shoot," and some of our participants were over it by the time the first picture was snapped. :) It turned out pretty good, though! I can't believe both kids are actually looking at the camera and smiling. Miraculous!

Work-wise this week, I am going to try to evenly split my days, doing half and half for each job each day. I have done this only a couple of other times, and I don't know why I don't do it more often. It makes it much less stressful! I'm hoping that since I don't have any doctors appointments scheduled for this week, that I will be able to finish early on Friday. I haven't been able to do that in about three weeks or more. Wish me luck!

No comments: