Sunday, August 2, 2009

One Week!

We had a great weekend. It was pretty relaxed, which is always nice. Based on the last time the NHC gave me an approx age of the baby, I would have been 10 weeks on Friday. yay! I have been feeling pretty good--still no sickness, and the hand swelling ended. I still have some nausea every now and then throughout the day and definitely have many food aversions, but I am happy with the way things are going.

On Saturday, we did normal Saturday things in the morning--Ryan did outside work, and I did laundry and went grocery shopping. Then on Saturday afternoon, we went golfing again together! I didn't want to go originally because it has been sooo hot outside, but it got really cloudy and felt cooler, so I decided to go with Ry. Once we got on the first tee, the clouds parted and the sun was beaming down on us for almost the entire rest of the nine holes! I was glad I went with him, but it really was very, very hot. I shot 70 again (at least I'm consistent), and Ry shot 53. We didn't take any pictures this time. Thank goodness--I was a hot mess (pun intended :)!

Saturday evening we went with Bryan and Lacy to HOOTERS for dinner. Yum! It was very good. We hardly ever go there, so it was a tasty treat. It was nice to spend some QT with them! Afterwards, we went to the Baby Depot in Burlington to peruse the crib, stroller, etc. selection to get a better idea of about how much it will be. In one word...expensive. I mean, not astronomically expensive, but just a lot. It was fun to look at all of it, but I felt a little overwhelmed by all of the choices for everything. I know we want to get a stroller/car seat that isn't too gender-specific looking so that it can be used for a future child, but in terms of everything else--I'm really looking forward to finding out whether it's a boy or girl!! It will just be nice to know for planning purposes what is growing in there. I will just have to get some options ready and wait til October...... *sigh*

Today, we had church in the morning, and it was pretty entertaining. It was the Vacation Bible School presentation where the VBS leaders re-cap everything that went on. I could see myself being up there leading all those kids in song and dance one day! We had lunch at Olive Garden with Ryan's parents, Bryan, and Lacy. We both had Soup and Salad. It was sooooooo good (and cheap)! After lunch, we came home and vegged all day. We layed on the couch and watched golf and napped a little tiny bit :) . We had dinner at Omi's tonight, which was great, although I wasn't really in the mood to eat much. I love seeing our families all the time. I can't imagine living far away from them. I'm sure other people can't wait to get away from their families when they get to the age where they can, but I have never felt that way. I feel blessed to be around them all the time and am so glad that our baby will grow up close with both of our families!

We are on vacay all of next week and we go to the NHC on Friday for another appointment--these are the thoughts that are getting me through this week of work. Please pray that everything is good on Friday--not that it wouldn't be, but you just never know what they will say! In regards to the vacay, we still haven't decided where, if anywhere, we should go. I want to go somewhere--at least for a couple of nights. I am going to go research this now...we will see what I come up with!

No comments: