Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vacay OVER :(

As I am writing this, our vacation is pretty much officially over. It is kind of depressing, but it's just reality! I'm going to the Prom Market in Atlanta next weekend, so I feel like it will be a really busy week, weekend, then another busy week again. We both have off the Friday before Labor Day and then the Tuesday after, so I am looking ahead to that. The rest of our vacation was pretty uneventful but very relaxing.

Tuesday night I attended the cake decorating class at Michael's with Amy and her mom, Beth. We had a fun and stressful (for me :) time. I felt like I was in school again for real!


Here's Amy with her perfect practice board, and me with my Wilton rose base. Amy--if your mom asks, I cut her out of the picture for her own sake :)

Wednesday was pretty much a relax and do nothing day. We had dinner at Ryan's parents' house--Chicken and Dumplings. YUM YUM YUM!! It was sooooooooooooo good. Thursday we went to Williamsburg to shop because it was raining almost all day. We shopped at the outlets. Ryan got some golf clothes and a couple of polo shirts from the Gap. I got nothing :*(....haha but it's okay because I ordered some clothes last week to have something to wear to Atlanta that looks fashionable but also belly-friendly. We had lunch at Olive Garden in Williamsburg and dinner at Kobe back in VB. It was a wonderful day of food :)

Friday we had lunch with Chris at Taste Unlimited. I don't think Ry was too crazy about it but, of course, I loved it. It was just sandwiches with chips but it hit the spot. Friday night we had leftover Chicken and Dumplings and then...................
Yeah, that's right. The chocolate covered one at the bottom was my ONLY doughnut. For those of you that don't know--I've been wanting one of these for about a month. It just wasn't working out--either we would have dessert already planned, we had too big of a dinner to "go there," or it just got to be too late to have these. Friday was the night, and I must say, it was glorious! Yummy yum yum it was the best doughnut I've ever had.

The only time I left the house yesterday was to go to the grocery store. I cleaned house and sliced and diced meat and vegetables for the dinner we had tonight. Check this out:

This is the Pampered Chef Pineapple Wedger. OMG--it is amazing. You just cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple, slide this thing down, and voila! It cores the pineapple and takes off the skin. It is $18, but I feel like it is well worth it. We like to eat pineapple, but I don't buy it all the time because it's a pain to slice. Well......no more!

Saturday night, Jamane came over with Jaidyn for dinner. Here's the best picture I could snap of Jaidyn--she does not like to pose for pictures. It's a little blurry because the shutter speed was really low because of the light.

She was telling Ryan a story--that is a wooden toy knife she has in her hand.

Today we had a small cookout at our house to celebrate Omi's birthday. We had chicken and steak kabobs, shrimp, potatoes in the oven, and corn on the cob. I wasn't that into it, but the fam loved it! My favorite part was the grilled pineapple. I had to take a picture of the steak kabobs because they looked SO good.
I know everyone thinks I'm crazy for taking so many pictures but I LOVE to take them and LOVE to put them on here. I think it makes it more interesting!

Again, sorry for the extremely long post. I shouldn't have waited this long--especially with being off. For anyone that wants to keep track, my next doctor's appointment is on 8/27 with my new doctor(s)--you see all doctors in the practice. I am looking forward to it! Have a great week......and stay tuned for a belly pic coming soon!

No comments: