Monday, August 10, 2009

Vacay Week!

It's soooooo over-the-top exciting to be off for a whole week. We kind of "decided" not to go out of town (really we couldn't compromise or figure out exactly where to go and for how long), so we will have a week of local relaxation. I'm already enjoying it!

Friday we went to the NHC for our last appointment there (*teardrop*). We had an ultrasound and saw the baby again. All I can say is.....amazing. As soon as the ultrasound was started, we saw the baby kicking and punching away. It was moving around like crazy! It's weird to think that there is something alive inside of me that I cannot even feel yet. The baby and the gestational sac both measured at 11 weeks 1 day, which is exactly what it should be based on the date of my last period, 5/21. The ultrasound technician said this does not happen often.
We spoke with the new PA, and she said we were good to move to my regular OBGYN office, which just happens to be right upstairs! I am going to see Dr. Hilton at Virginia Beach OBGYN and have to call to make the appointment tomorrow. The PA at NHC instructed me to make the appointment for the week of 8/17. I don't know if they will be doing another ultrasound or not, but I know they will not be doing them at every appointment like they do at NHC. It will be interesting to find out how often we will be able to see our baby. I will miss the nurses and doctors at the NHC but am also looking forward to meeting my new doctor and getting used to things at this office.

Saturday we did normal housecleaning stuff and then had dinner at Jamane's. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures! I need to start bringing my camera with me more often when we go anywhere. She made She-Crab Soup from scratch and it was soooooooooooooooo good! We also played Scattergories and really had a good time. I had the Headache from Hell and ended up taking some Tylenol for the first time since being pregnant. I was trying to avoid taking anything other than my prescriptions, but it would not go away and was throbbing and throbbing. About 10 minutes after taking it, I felt SO much better. I haven't had a headache since then, which is good.

Sunday was pretty normal. We went to church, had lunch at home (not normal for a Sunday), and had dinner at Omi's. I also took about a two-hour nap in-between lunch and Omi's while Ryan played golf. I figured that was okay since we have off allllllll week :)

Today we spent the day with Haley. We took her to Potts n' Paints, a "Paint Your own Pottery" studio. Ryan painted a tile, Haley painted a dolphin, and I painted a little frame. We had a good time. I had to really let go of the controlling side of myself to allow Haley to use her "creative side" to paint the dolphin the way she wanted to. :) She definitely made it her own, which I think is great. After the painting, we had lunch at Five Guys. YUM! We stopped at Carvel for some soft-serve on the way home at Haley's request, and then went to Ry's parents' house to swim and relax in the back yard. It's been a great day!
So many choices, so little time...
Hard at work!
Haley and Ry with their creations
Haley's Dolphin :)
My frame for Baby J
Haley, me, and my cleavage at Five Guys
That's it for now. I am off to make grilled cheese for Ry and a chicken breast sandwich for myself. Then we're going to Michael's at Hilltop for me to get an icing tip to prepare my cake for cake decorating class tomorrow, then to Target to return something and maybe look at just a little bit of baby stuff. THEN we are going to come home at watch Waiting. It better be good!

No comments: