Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

We had a great day today!  We started off the day with waffles made in my new waffle iron.  They were very "experimental" because I had to figure out the exact amount to put in and the right amount of time.  Overall, they turned out pretty good!  After waffles, Renee and I went to Target and Babies "r" Us to pick up a few things.  It was a nice morning out of the house.  We ended the trip by letting Parker drive a fire truck with Bert and Ernie!


Obviously, he enjoyed it.  After this, we went home for Parker to take a nap.  While he napped, I took down almost all of the ornaments from the tree in our living room.  It is so sad to take down the decorations!  It seems like we just put them up.  

Once Parker woke up, he ate lunch and then went outside to do some work on his car.

Daddy helped.  The pedals needed to be adjusted.


Two heads are better than one, right??  


Just a little tighter...all done!

For the rest of the afternoon we just hung around the house and relaxed.  We had dinner reservations at Shogun with Ryan's family.  I was, of course, super excited about that because I just love a good meal!  haha.  


The Jefferson men.  


What do you know?  A picture of me and my child.  Thanks LuLu!


Watching his cousin Haley.  He was copying all of her movements--it was pretty funny.


Here is the whole gang at the end of our meal!

Parker was absolutely terrified of the hibachi experience.  Every time he saw a chef walk out, fire, a waitress, anything--he was not happy.  The fire was the worst, but he was so scared the whole time.  He had a death grip on my arm for the time frame that he was sitting next to me, and kept saying "bye-bye" and "nooooo".  He was even shaking!  I could not believe he was that scared.  

Ryan and Lisa took him out and walked around with him for a little bit.  When he came back, our chef was done with the fire, so we told him it was "all done."  Of course, we weren't thinking about the three other chefs that kept lighting up their own fires across the room!  Every time a fire lit up, he would look at me and say, "all done?  bye-bye."  He was SO ready to leave.  When the waitress brought our check, I went and sat in the lobby with him and Haley, and he just laid his head on my chest.  I told him we were going home, so he kept saying randomly, "home."  I don't think we'll be visiting any other hibachi grills with Parker ANY time in the near future.  I think he was pretty traumatized!

We are now at home and I am definitely ready for bed.  I don't think I'll make it all the way to midnight.  It's funny that a few years ago we stayed up well into the early morning hours, and now I can barely make it past 10.  haha!  I enjoyed all of my party-time New Years', but having my baby boy asleep upstairs and sitting here with my man on the couch is all I could ever want this year.  2011 has been amazing, and I am looking forward to the new year and ALL that it has to bring.  It will be interesting with Ryan's job either changing or completely being lost, me working five days a week during this transition, our little boy turning two, and having another baby in the summer. There will surely be some good times as well as a few "bad", but I am ready.  Bring it on 2012! 

No comments: