Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve

This year, our Christmas Eve traditions carried out exactly as they did last year.  We had breakfast at Cracker Barrel with Ryan's family, made monkey cake at the Jeffersons' house, and then went home to relax/clean/shower before going to church for the 4pm service!  Christmas Eve and day are usually pretty rushed and planned time-wise, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I am SO thankful that we are able to see both of our families for holidays, so it doesn't bother me in the least that we have to do a little bit of rushing. 

After the 4pm service, we headed over to Omi's house to have dinner and for the "kids" (Ryan, Parker, Renee and I) to open presents.  We had a yummy dinner of schnitzel and potato salad--very simple but delicious!  Once we finished eating, we got started with present-opening because Ryan had to leave: by 6:40 to go to the 7:30 church service.

 

Ryan had a little bit of help opening his keyboard!  

 

Parker was next.  What could it be??


 A new car!?  I think Ryan was just as excited as Parker.

 Maybe not--he was a pretty happy boy.


He had lots of help with driving lessons.  Notice the tongue of concentration.

 At this point Parker was back to helping us with our presents.  He really enjoyed tearing every.single.piece of wrapping paper off.  He didn't know he would be able to do that all day long the next day!

Here is our family photo.  It was the best we could get!  I feel so blessed to have such handsome "men" in my life.
After Omi's, Renee, Parker, and I went home so that Parker could go to bed.  Renee came over to help me finish wrapping presents.  If it wasn't for her, I probably would have been up until about two in the morning!  So glad for my sister and her willingness to help me out ALL THE TIME.  Renee left soon after Ryan came home from church, and Ryan and I didn't go to bed until about midnight.  I'm glad we did because I'm pretty sure I heard reindeer land on our roof once we got in bed....

No comments: