Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Major Success!

For at least three months now, we have been sitting Parker on his little potty every night before he takes a bath.  He has almost always sat on the potty with no problem but has never actually used the bathroom on the potty--UNTIL TONIGHT!  Evidence:


Woohoooooo!  I was so busy pulling up a video on the iPhone for him that I didn't even notice him doing it.  When he sat down, he said, "Momma--peepee!"  I said, "Yes, are you going to go peepee?  That would be wonderful!"  This is a conversation that occurs regularly.  Then I stopped paying attention and he actually peed!


I gave him a hug and high-fives and told him that since he peed, we get to dump it in the toilet.  He was very excited about this, so hopefully he'll remember the whole experience sometime in the near future.


Of course, I also let him flush the toilet.  He always wants to flush the toilet, but I never let him.  I always tell him that he can flush the toilet when he goes peepee or poopoo on the potty.  He was also very excited about this!  I am not expecting any major potty miracles or anything, but it felt so good to see pee in his little toilet.  My nightly dedication has paid off!  I know this will be a pretty slow process, but this is the first step and I am glad that we have taken it.  I am so proud of my little man!  

No comments: