Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sixteen Months!

Parker--you are now sixteen months old!  In just two months, you will be a year and a half old.  You are my sweet little big boy, and I just love you more than I will ever be able to tell you.  It seems like it's only little things that are changing each month, but I'll write down some of the highlights.
  • A couple of weeks ago, you had a pretty bad ear infection.  The doctor described it as "raging" and a "nine out of ten" in terms of pain.  You also had a cold to go along with it, so you were just a pitiful, sad little thing.  I think that as a parent, one of the worst things is when your child gets sick.  I am so glad that you are feeling better now! 
  • You like to look out the kitchen window for squirrels and birds.  You have amazing vision--you will spot things that take your dad and I minutes to see.  Right now, your Daddy will ask you, "Parker, you see any birds or squirrels out there?"  You kind of wrinkle your nose and your eyebrows and shake your head "no" with this really funny look on your face.  So sweet.
  • You are really turning into a little ham in front of other people.  You get this big "cheesy" smile on your face and your eyes almost close with your big grin.  Unfortunately, we aren't at the point yet where you'll look at the camera and do this, but we will get there one day!  
  • You still like to shake your booty all the time and now you  have started spinning.  You will spin and spin and spin in circles and then stop and laugh while you catch your balance.  Then you start spinning again.  It makes me dizzy! 
  • You and Reese still love to play with each other in the kitchen.  You like to chase him around the kitchen trying to grab onto him, and I chase after you to tell you not to grab him too hard or around the neck or the tail.  The only problem is that when I give you snack in your "snack trap" nowadays, Reese feels close enough to you that he thinks he can pull your crackers, cookies, or puffs right out of your hand.  He does not listen when I ask him not to, so this makes me a little frustrated.  
  • You have developed a little eczema on the backs of your legs.  When I was pregnant, your Daddy and I used to talk about how bad we felt for you because  you would probably end up with one of our skin conditions, either psoriasis or eczema.  It usually stays right around the backs of your knees but sometimes creeps up your thigh and sometimes looks like it's in your elbow crease.  We have been putting hydrocortisone on it per the doctor's recommendation.  It seems to be helping, but we may have to make a visit to the dermatologist soon!
  • You are really starting to enjoy yourself more in the pool.  I try to get you in at least once per week because I think it helps with the aforementioned eczema.  You don't like to stay in for too long, but we are working on it.  After about 10 minutes you want to go to the step and get in and out and in and out and in and out......I'd prefer for you to just stay in! 
  • You are starting to say "Thank you" more and more.  Of course it doesn't sound exactly the way thank you is supposed to sound and comes out a little mumbled, but I know this is what you're saying and it's very sweet.  I am so happy because I want you to be a well-mannered little sweetheart, and this is a step in the right direction.  
  • You're eating habits have not really improved.  Every day it seems like it's milk carb carb fruit carb milk fruit fruit carb carb carb broccoli fruit carb milk.  You are definitely at a "picky" stage and I want you to get out of it!  We are still offering you tons of different kinds of food (that you don't eat).  I'm hoping that it really is just a phase.....

I can't say it enough--I love you so much.  I just cannot imagine what my life would be like without you.  When you were first born, there were days where I longed for the freedom to do what I wanted and not be "trapped" at home with my baby.  Now, I enjoy every minute that I have with you and miss you when you're gone.  Your Dad and I talk a lot about what it will be like when we have another child and it just breaks my heart because I feel like I will be hurting you by having another baby because you won't have all of our attention anymore.  I have to reassure myself that it wouldn't be hurting you but giving you a present in the form of a brother or sister--RIGHT?  I'll just keep telling myself that.  

Anyway, back to you.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the summer and spending most of my free time with you.  You mean the world to me and I am so happy to have you as my sweet little boy! 

No comments: