Friday, June 10, 2011

15 and 1/2 Months!

So....I'm a little late with this post.  Your 15 month birthday was on May 25th, and it's now 2 and a half weeks later.
Oh look!  A picture of you from your actual 15 month birthday.

Oh well--we have been busy lately!  Here is what's going on with you this past month and a half:

  • At your 15 month appointment, you weighed 26 pounds 12 ounces and you were 33 inches tall.  The doctor said that this puts you in the 97th percentile for height and 90th for weight AKA you are a big boy!  Your head size is apparently "off the charts."  I think this is because you got your dad's head shape, which is a little elongated in the back.  We discussed this and she thinks that the size of your head isn't anything to worry about.  
  • You are into EVERYTHING. If there is something near you that you're not supposed to touch, you touch it. You want to open every cabinet door, touch the buttons on every electronic device, and pull every item off of every end table or countertop that you can reach. I am learning very slowly that I need to be more careful about what I leave within your reach.
  • You really love to sit with us and read. You'll bring a book over, sit right in our lap, and open it up. You still enjoy listening to us when we read you a book each night at bedtime. You really like bigger books right now that have lots of pictures. You take your little finger and point and point and point and then babble on with words that we don't quite understand.  I just got some flashcards today so that we can start going over these together, too.          
  • Your eating habits have kind of gone out the window. We aren't feeding you baby food anymore, which is good and bad. Good because it just seemed so tedious when I knew that you could feed yourself regular food. Bad because it's harder to get you to eat fruits and vegetables in their regular form. Foods you love right now are waffles, pancakes, cereal, bananas, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, veggie straws, and apple straws. You also like pretty much any cookie or Gerber snack that's available. You were still digging broccoli for a while, but this week you haven't been into it. We'll see what next week holds.
  • Each morning while I get ready, I turn on the Sprout channel for you. You watch “Play with Me Sesame” and “Wiggle and Learn”. You love love love both the Sesame characters and the Wiggles. You screech and point and shake shake shake your booty!  These are the two shows that I actually enjoy listening to. I've been trying not to turn on the TV too much when you're around, but we have to have our morning inspiration!  
  • You have started saying Mama and Dada all the time. You said it before here and there, but now you say it on a regular basis and ILOVEIT. You walk up to me and hold your hands up and look at me with those big brown eyes and that wispy hair and say, “mama?” I just melt. You've said Mommy a couple of times this week out of the blue, but I think it was an accident. I don't know if I've ever referred to myself as Mommy, so I'm not sure where that would come from.

My view.
  • You do so many little things that are sneaky.  We'll ask you to give us a piece of your food, and you will hold it out to us and then snatch it away.  If we pretend like we're asleep, you always want to come right over and wake us up.  You like to hide and then kind of jump out and "scare" us.  When I ask you not to do things,  you often try to do them again when you think I'm not looking.  It's all too funny to watch.  I am constantly thinking about the phrase "eyes in the back of your head" because I feel like I somehow have grown them.  
Basically, you are awesome, and I love you more than words can say.  And you are very difficult to photograph because you are always moving, but I love that you are always moving.  So I'll just keep posting pictures of different angles of your big ol' head because I just love it so much.  And the ears, and the mouth,.....okay, I'll stop.

And the toes.

Okay that's it.  the end! :)  

No comments: