Friday, June 17, 2011

The Crib Tent

We bought a crib tent a couple of weeks ago for Parker's crib.  We did this because while Parker was sick and waking up at least once per night, he would cry and cry and try to get his leg up to climb out of the crib.  There was also a bouncing thing that he would do where it seemed that was trying to bounce himself out of the crib.

None of this was cool.  The crying, the attempted climbing, and the bouncing.  None of it.  Particularly the bouncing, though, because there were a couple of times where I rushed to his room thinking that he was about halfway out of the crib about to fall to the floor.  The first time, I was downstairs folding laundry and when I flew up the stairs to get him, I also kicked one of the baby gates over with my "bad foot."  He was fine.  The second time, I was in bed and jumped out so fast that I hit my knee on the corner.  I still have a bruise, and he was fine.  

After all of this, we decided that we needed to go ahead and order the tent before Parker ended up breaking something falling out of his crib.  So at first, I ordered the wrong crib tent.  Who knew there was more than one kind?  There's one for regular cribs and one for convertible cribs.  I was going to send it back, but luckily Amy needed one for Wyatt because he is SO BIG, too!  I gave her mine that was put together so that I can just send back hers that is still neatly packaged in the box.  

I ordered the new crib tent that's made for convertible cribs like ours and it got here on Thursday.  I was a little worried about it because we just never know for sure what will freak Parker out.  I decided that we needed to put it together with him in the room watching us and then let him play in the crib a little so that he would feel comfortable with it.  
It worked!  He loved it and slept allllllll night long.  I was very happy when he fell asleep quickly without paying any attention to the tent.  Baby equipment success! :) 

No comments: