Thursday, June 2, 2011

Little Helpers

Today, my friend and co-worker, Jamane, came over so that I could train her on some new work stuff.  She brought along someone to help us make it through the day:

Sweet baby Jamisyn.  Hello, blue eyes!
It was nice to have a "baby baby" around for the day.  She is such a sweetie and enjoyed the exersaucer, floor, and Parker's bed :)  

Tonight, we had a yummy dinner of Jamie Oliver's Cauliflower Mac and Cheese made by moi, chicken sausage, and corn on the cob on the grill.  I could have eaten SO MUCH MORE than I did.  Parker would not eat any of it, but he did have a waffle and some grapes--one step at a time.  He decided that the kitchen floor was dirty...
...so he said, "Mom, give me the broom!"
He did a pretty good job.  Only a few crumbs left.  Notice that he has his own little helper to the left of the picture.

He's really big into throwing mini "temper tantrums" right now.  They usually occur at the end of the day after I've picked him up from being watched by others all day.  It's so hard because when he does it because we just have to leave him there--picking him up would say, "Hey--throw tantrums and we'll comfort you and tell you it's all going to be alright!"  Tonight they happened because I would not let him open a kitchen cabinet door or pull on the glass top to our kitchen table.  Or pull knives out of the dishwasher.
As a "2011 mom", I just had to take a picture with my cell phone.  At least Reese was there to console him. 

No comments: