Monday, June 6, 2011

Parker's First Bike Ride

Parker took his first bike ride with us this evening.  I was sooooooooo excited to get back on my bike.  I love my bike but have not ridden it since I became pregnant TWO years ago!  I bought a "Wee-Ride" bike carrier on Amazon after reading really good reviews for it.
 

While Ryan was installing the seat, Parker wanted to get some driving practice in with the little Radio Flyer car that our neighbors brought over to us last month.  
He had to fix it first, obviously.
He absolutely LOVED scooting around on this thing!  When I wasn't taking pictures, I had him sitting frontwards.  On his own, he decided to sit backwards every time.
Here they are--my two men ready to go.  I just cannot get over how cute he looks in his big little helmet.  His three-year-old helmet.  That I almost thought wasn't going to work.  It was a tight squeeze.  That's all on the helmet size for now.  
Because it took a little longer than we thought to get the seat installed, we only went on about a 5 minute ride. It was wonderful, BUT I definitely want a new seat.  I told Ry that I need to get a basket on my bike and then we can run up to the shopping center by our house to get Skinny Dip milk or bread.
This was at the end of our ride.  When we pulled back into our court, Parker started making noises and pointing at the house.  He knew we were home, and he was ready to get his helmet off and get inside!  

I see many, many more bike rides in the future.  As our neighbor pointed out, Parker will soon be riding alongside us on his own bike.  Ummmmmm not so fast, woman.  He's got a while to go.  Don't rush my baby--he needs to stay my baby for a long long long time!

No comments: