Friday, November 30, 2012

Audrey is Six Months Old!

Audrey

Girl, you are now half a year old!  What???  Could you please just slow down a little bit?  Thanks.  My emotions really appreciate it.  haha!  Seriously, so thankful for you each and every day.  You are a little ray of sweet sunshine that complements your brother's current whirlwind personality perfectly.  Here is what is going on with you right now.



  • At your doctor's appointment today, you weighed 15 pounds 14 ounces and were 27 inches long.  You are in the 50th percentile for weight and 95th for height!  Tall and skinny like your Daddy.  
  • You wear about half six months and half nine months clothes.  Your height is what puts you into the nine months size.  I don't think I've mentioned shoes yet, but you wear a size 3 in shoes right now.  
  • I still have you wearing size 2 diapers, but you could probably stand to wear size 3 now.  I have started adjusting the elastics in your FuzziBunz just a little looser, and the fit seems to be pretty good.
  • You roll ALL over the place.  You look like you're trying to crawl but you just kind of nudge yourself to the side and a little forward.  If we put a toy in front of you, you somehow manage to get to it through little rolls and nudges.  
  • Speaking of rolls, the ones on your legs are really starting to....ummm....fill out?  Let's just say that they're definitely there and they are super sweet.  
  • You are thisclose to being able to sit up on your own.  I can put you in the "tripod" position to sit up and play with a toy but you're still a little unsteady.  I think that by seven months, you'll be there!  
  • You smile all the time.  Since you don't have teeth, it's just a super-big gummy wide-mouth smile that is just so cute.  You also laugh much more often now.  
  • You still love to constantly put your hands and toys in your mouth.  You still have no signs of teeth at all.
  • Your sleep situation is JUST starting to improve.  Up until a couple of nights ago, you were still waking up 2-4 times each night and it was pretty rough.  For the last three nights, you have either slept all night or only woken up once.  This has been SUPER amazing...like, the best thing ever. EVER.  Haha.  I've been a little sleep deprived, so it's made me happy.  Keep up the good work, girl!  
  • Naps still leave a little to be desired, but we're working on it.  I think we need to get blackout blinds for your room in addition to the curtains we have.  The sun shines SO bright in your room and I think we need an extra layer of light blockage to make it a little darker in there.  
  • Also on the topic of sleep, you like to make lots of noise when you're falling asleep.  You usually only do this in the car, but sometimes you'll do it if I happen to be rocking you to sleep.  The only way to really describe it is kind of like a moaning/growling type noise.  Haha.  Almost every time we get in the car, you start making these noises and I know that you're going to sleep.  
You will notice that the pictures in this post don't match your actual "six months" picture.  I actually took these 10 days before you turned six months old but never did a post with them, so I figured I'd use them.  It was really difficult for me to get any good pictures of you during the "six months session" because you had some major distractions in the form of your brother and aunt.  

          


Can't imagine why you were distracted, right?  Haha.  He was actually being pretty funny.  This is our life right now, and even though I let myself get super-stressed about the small stuff (which I shouldn't), I would trade it for ANYTHING.  You and your brother are our world, and all of the chaos is truly pretty fun!  


From one month to six months....so quick!  I have some regrets about the way I lined all of the pictures up (in taking them), but maybe by baby number three I'll get it all straightened out.  Haha!  

No comments: