Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Audrey is 5 Months Old!

....and has been for over a week!  Sorry, girl.  Momma had a busy week last week and is just now getting around to writing your post.  We were also late on the pictures, too.  We actually took them on the 3rd of November instead of the 29th of October.  Hurricane Sandy was out and about that day, so we couldn't be out and about to get your balloons.


Anyway, my sweet baby girl, you are now five months old and so fun and sweet!  Here is what you've been up to lately:


  • You now wear a size 2 when you wear disposables.  Your Fuzzibunz seem like they're getting a little tight so I think I'll adjust the elastic soon.  You are a "heavy wetter" at night and were leaking out of the cloth diapers every single night, so we have been putting disposables on you at night instead to keep you dry. 
  • You have moved right into size 6 months clothes and they are fitting pretty well.  I actually had to take you to the doctor today because you have been super-fussy the last couple days (you were fine--just a little red in your throat), and you have grown over an inch in the last month!  You are now 27 inches long and weight 15 pounds 5 ounces.  
  • You are STILL waking up a couple times per night.  You usually wake up either because you have made your way to the edge of the crib or because your arm has come out of the swaddle.  I ordered your bumper because it went on a great clearance and had free shipping, so I plan to get that in your crib this week to see if it helps.  The sleep interruptions are fine, but I am looking forward to you sleeping all night long at some point.  I would love to have a good night's sleep sometime soon!
  • Since the time change (so for the last 3 nights), you have been going to bed between 6 and 6:30.  You have just seemed so tired by that time and I figure you're probably going to wake up anyway, so why wait?  It could be your "sore throat", but I think it's because of the change in time.  
  • I think you don't like being alone.  You will get so upset sometimes if I leave you in the room alone, and when I come back and start talking to you, you are fine.  You just like to socialize, I guess! 
  • You have really started to make some cute noises.  Parker loves to watch you and "talk" with you.  He laughs and thinks it's so funny and tries to repeat what you say.  You smile all the time--we love it! 
  • I think you may be in the beginning stages of teething.  These last couple fussy days, you have been drooling WAY more than usual and putting everything in your mouth--your hands, Sophie, any toys you can get your hands on.  You have also been kind of weird about taking your paci.  There are no signs of actual teeth coming through, so  I could be wrong, but all other signs point to teeth.  
  • We are going to start you on rice cereal this week!  You are showing great interest in our food and drinks by watching us intently and reaching for them when you're sitting in our lap.  There is a "controversy" over rice cereal right now, so we may switch to oatmeal after a while.  I think you are going to LOVE it and can't wait to see how you react to your first taste of "food."
  • Your hair is sloooowly starting to grow.  You still have your sweet "peak" at the top, but your peach fuzz is coming in super-blonde.  This is how my hair was when I was a baby, and I think you are going to look so sweet when you actually have some hair to clip into a bow.  For now, I am very happy with your headbands, though!

I think it's hard to end any of your posts without saying that you are seriously growing sweeter and sweeter each day.  No joke.  You and your brother are our world!  


Speaking of you and your brother...here is a side-by-side.  In my eyes, you two look pretty much nothing alike!  

For fun, here is a link to Parker's five-month post!

No comments: