Monday, September 17, 2012

The Last Week

This whole last week has been so crazy.  I went back to work, so Parker went to Sunnybrook for the full two days last week, and Audrey was at both Ms. Donna's house and Ryan's parents' house.  It was a week full of waking up earlier than I'm used to, driving all around Virginia Beach, and adjusting to having less time to get things done around the house.  Overall, it was pretty rough.  I am blessed to only work part time right now, so I know that it's not quite as stressful as it could be.  Still, it was definitely a transition week for me.

Audrey did well except for her reluctance to drink from the bottle.  Parker had a very rough time with being dropped off.  I haven't seen him cry like that in a long time.  It was very sad for both of us!  He would start off each morning by saying he didn't want to go to school, and the protests continued on and off the entire way there.  Once we actually got out of the car each day, I had to carry him and basically pry him off of me to leave him in the classroom.

Audrey's bottle skills have improved dramatically, so I am hoping she will remember how great it is when she returns to Ms. Donna's house tomorrow.  Parker has been talking a lot about going back to school in the last couple of days, so I'm hoping he has an easier time with drop-off than last week.

Of course, I was super-sad to see less of them last week.  It was especially hard to be away from Audrey because I was used to having her with me every day all summer long.  The difficulties they were having away from home made me miss them even more.  I think that this week will be better for all of us and am hoping that I'm right!

In the meantime, I'll just focus on these sweet pictures that I took today and be grateful for the love that is growing between them each day.





No comments: