Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Children's Museum


On Friday, we visited our local children's museum in Portsmouth for the first time.  I have wanted to take Parker there for a while now, and am so glad that we went!  I still can't decide whether I'd like to get a "season pass" or not.  We thought it was neat but weren't super-pumped about going back again.  Parker really seemed to like it and didn't want to leave.  I guess that's why it's called a children's museum and not an adult museum! We took tons of pictures, of course, so you can see for yourself everything that we did.


Controlling the container-lifter-crane-thing.


Writing a check and then being the teller. 


Blurry but had to share--milking the cow!


Going to see Curious George!  This was exciting to him because lately, all he wants to read is Curious George each night.  He and Ryan read one story each night from one of his three Curious George books.


I think this was his favorite part of the entire museum, and of course it's part of the Curious George exhibit that ends today.  You put the foam block in, turn the wheel, and then when it reaches the top it goes down a series of conveyor belts.  I think that he would have done it ALL DAY if we had let him. 


Audrey and I in Curious George-land.  


I love this picture!  Traveling through the tunnel to see the trains up close. 


"I'm the king of the world!" 


Reeling in Parker's fish for him.  It was serious business. 


The boys in the "biiiiiiiig, tall bubble" on the left, and watching the bubble pop on the right!


Checking out the little house upstairs. 


Very brave!  It was a turtle shell.


Audrey found the whole thing very exciting, obvi.


Trying to pull the lever all the way back to have these little cars go down a race track.  It was kind of tough!


Watching the ball "dance" in mid-air.


I asked him to draw an "O"---AND HE DID!  Seriously--how cool is that?


Yeah...he loved this.  It was tempting for me to tell him to put his face on there, but the germophobe in me won out. 


Playing on the stage.  We really had a great time! 

Now that I've re-lived the experience, I totally wish we had gotten the pass.  I could see coming here with Wyatt and Kaley and him having a blast all over again.  To him, I guess it's like a giant playground with cool adult stuff to do.  Until next time.....

No comments: