Sunday, January 29, 2012

22 Weeks and Parker-isms

Drum roll please.............................


There she is!  The belly and the baby (and the booty, haha!).  I was officially 22 weeks yesterday.  All is well in babyland.  I am starting to be able to feel her move more and more, but it's funny because I don't notice it as much.  I'll feel something while I'm cooking dinner and doing ABC's with Parker, and a few minutes later I think, "Oh--that was the baby!"

Body-related things are that I am starting to notice my stretch marks reappearing, my belly-button is getting pretty close to sticking out, and my back hurts pretty much all the time.  Apparently she's about the size of a spaghetti squash right now.  I can't believe that she will be here in about four months!  We have lots to do with the first thing being emptying out the guest bedroom.  We have the bed, two end tables, a tall dresser and an armoire to take out.  Not sure what we're going to do with all of it, but her furniture will probably be here this week, meaning that we would need to pick it up or have it delivered by next week I think.

Yeah, lots to do.  Wish us luck with that!

A few things I wanted to type out to remember about my other baby lately--

-My dad has a big mounted fish he caught several years ago up on the wall in my parents' house.  He told Parker a couple of weeks ago that it was a "biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig fish."  Parker's version of fish sounds like, "bot".  Since then, when I ask Parker about the big fish, he says, "biiiig bot!"  If you read it out loud, you'll realize why that's something I'd want to remember!  haha!

-Another phrase Parker really enjoys using lately is, "noooooo, Daddy!"  He says it all the time--even when Ryan isn't around.  He knows that we think it's funny and he says it with the cutest little face.

-We've been trying to talk about the baby a lot with Parker.  He calls her, "sissy," which is so sweet.  It sounds more like, "ditty."  He picked out a Minnie Mouse shirt for her the other day.  I feel like he will "love" her a lot when she gets here.

-He really, REALLY enjoys using our phones.  If he sees one of them laying on the table near us, he gets really super sweet and comes up to us with the biggest smile and kind of turns his head to the side.  It's hard to resist, but we often do.  It's funny how quick the sweetness goes away!

-We currently read five different books each night.  He wants to read his Bug book, Elmo book, Ernie ABC book, Mickey Mouse clubhouse book, and his Duck book.  We used to have it in a set order, but we had a couple nights where he wanted to read them differently, so now we let him pick.  Some nights he ends up skipping the Mickey book, and sometimes we skip the ABC book.  We never know what he's going to choose, but we know that we are definitely not able to do it for him!

-We tell him all.the.time that we love him.  I was with him all day today and probably told him I loved him about 100 times.  He always says, "I love" or "lawoo" back to us.  Today, he finally said, "I lawoo."  He was giving me a big hug at the time.  That is the kind of thing that just melts my heart.  I want to be able to remember that when he wants nothing to do with me later on in life.  Maybe that will never happen??  A mom can dream.

Like I said, just a couple little things.  I'm sure I'll remember more things immediately after publishing this post, but I can add them later.  I want to get better about putting things in that I want to look back on several years from now.  If I could bottle up every day to look back on later, I would.  Until then, this will have to do!

No comments: