Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baby #2 Update!


Parker wanted to write a message to share the biggest update about our sweet Baby #2.....


Yep, it's a GIRL!!!!!!!

 Doesn't he look excited??  Haha!  I love the eyebrows.  He lifts his eyebrows up all the time now.  In this picture,  he was doing it because he was about to throw the message board onto the floor.  It was sooooo difficult to get these pictures, but I really wanted them.  He just does not want to have anything to do with the camera.  It's frustrating, but at least I could a couple cute ones.

So we found out that the baby is a girl on the January 13th.  We ended up bringing Parker with us because we were leaving right after the appointment to go on our Charlotte trip.  We let him play on the iPad the whole time in the room because we knew he would be bored and didn't want any disruptions for the ultrasound tech.  There was one time that we pointed out the baby on the screen, and he said, "Whoa!"  That part was cute.

Everything looked fine with the baby, and I was completely shocked to find out that it's a "she."  I was fully expecting the baby to be a boy and asked the ultrasound tech if she was 100 percent sure that it was a girl.  I'm sure she loved that!  It just did not seem like that would happen because this pregnancy has been mostly the same so far.  The only major difference that I've noticed was the horrible heartburn that I had in the first trimester that I didn't have with Parker.  Once we discussed it afterwards, we both determined that we were secretly hoping the baby was a girl but didn't want to fully express that.  We would have been happy to have another boy, but this will make things feel "complete", I guess.

Things have been going really well overall with the pregnancy.  I started feeling the baby move very sporadically about three weeks ago.  Within the last week, I've been able to feel her moving around more, and Ryan felt her move for the first time two nights ago.  Since we found out about the gender, I have been in full-blown online browsing mode.  I've only bought a couple of things, but I'm trying to decide what I want to in terms of decoration in the baby's room and we're also starting to talk more about names.  We haven't decided on anything yet, but we decided a couple of night's ago that we will probably not share her name until she's born.  It's one thing that we can keep as a surprise, and it makes her birthday that much more exciting!

It's my plan to post a belly picture very soon.  Better late than never, right?  I am disappointed in myself for not starting sooner, but it just wasn't on the top of my mind.  It is now, though, and it's starting to stress me out that I haven't done it!  That's going to be the next blog--get excited!

No comments: