Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Official: We're Bay People

We've gone to the beach only a few times so far this year.  I wish I could say that it's been more than a few, but it really hasn't.  It's a shame because we live so close to the beach.  We've been to the oceanfront a couple of times, and as of last night, we've gone to the bay twice.  Verdict?  The bay is THE BOMB! 

 

Basically, Parker loves the beach.  He loves to play in the sand, so that part doesn't really matter.  The water difference is huge though.  The ocean has bigger, louder, stronger waves.  The bay's waves are much calmer and the water feels so much warmer.  Parker is a little, shall we say, intimidated by the ocean, but he has no problem charging right into the water of the Chesapeake Bay.


Last night, we ate a super-quick dinner and went to the bay for some evening playtime in the sand and water.  Parker had a blast, and Ryan could not stop saying how warm the water was.  I think many more trips to the bay are in our future before the summer is done--I am definitely ready.  Fall will be here before we know it and we need to take advantage of the weather while we can!
Running to Daddy!  
So excited--both of them!


I realize that he's a child and definitely does not care about the sand, but really?  This is straight up wallowing. Sand is my least favorite part of the beach.
Did I ever tell you I'm a sucker for a silhouette?  Because I am.

Something else I am?  Officially in love with the bay!

No comments: