Friday, August 26, 2011

18 Months

Well, Parker, you are now officially 18 months old.  That's a year and a half.  Three quarters of the way to two.  It seems like your personality changes every day and you find new ways to make us laugh.  You are so fun.  You're more fun than I ever thought you could be (and I knew that you would be pretty fun, so that's saying a lot)!  Here's what's up with you lately:

  • You are wearing a size 18-24 months in most of your shorts and the same size in shirts.  In some shirts you'll wear a 2T.  Your shoe size is about a 7 or 7.5.  Whether or not you are a Wide is up for debate.  You still wear a size 5 diaper.  
  • Your food situation has not changed much.  The only extra thing you eat that I can think of is bread with peanut butter smeared on it.  Everything else is the same!
  • I mentioned before that every night when we put you to bed, we go through everyone's names.  Now, at the end of the names, I ask you to give us a kiss.  You give each of us a super-sweet kiss and then lay your head down on my chest for a couple of minutes before I lay you in the crib.  This is one of my favorite parts of every day.
  • We have started getting you to sit on the potty.  I've tried to get you to sit on it for a couple of months now, but usually you would just stand right up.  For about a week now, you will actually sit there for a little bit.  So far, we haven't had any success with actually going potty, but I think we will soon.
  • You are starting to blow your nose on your own.  If you sneeze and I wipe your nose with a tissue,  you will usually blow once and then you don't want to anymore.  You will also randomly blow your nose without a tissue kind of with your fists.  It is hilarious and makes both of us laugh so hard.  You make the loudest noise when you do it and then usually laugh at yourself.  
  • We have started playing with sidewalk chalk more often lately.  You don't really care too much about actually drawing with the chalk.  You'll usually just make a mark here and there and then toss the chalk as far as you can.  You really do like to throw anything you can get your hands on and seem to have a pretty good arm! 
  • We had an 5.8 magnitude earthquake this week.  You and I were in the den together.  I was sitting on the couch and you were playing on the floor.  I could definitely feel it, but you didn't seem fazed.  I have never experienced this before and hope that I never do again!  
  • You love Reese, and you love to tell Reese to "be quiet!"  You will come up to him while he's in his bed or sniffing around the kitchen and very gently pat his head or let him lick your hand--it is so sweet! You will also jump on the bandwagon when we are telling Reese to "hush up" or "be quiet."  You make this grunting noise and gesture your hand to him like you're telling him "no."  It is so funny because you get so serious when you do it and it is pure imitation!  I guess we reallllllly need to start watching what we say and do around you.

  • I've been giving you Flintstones vitamins almost every day and you love them.  I ask you if you want a piece of candy and you come running over for a bite.  You stand there and chew so diligently.  It's so cute!

I can't wait for all the fun we're going to have in the fall, but I am certainly going to miss the fun we've had this summer.  When I write your 19 month post, it will almost be October!  This year seems like it's flying by--I think it's because we've had such a good time.  I love you more each day and am looking forward to seeing what the next month holds.  


Happy 18 Month Birthday!

No comments: