Thursday, February 3, 2011

Yum

I worked all day today--nothing new there! The excitement for the day came when I decided to make myself a salad for lunch. The results were nothing short of amazingly fantastic. Proof:
See? I told you.

Spring mix, pre-cooked perdue chicken, tomato, some fresh-ish cilantro, light balsamic vinaigrette, and just a sprinkling of fresh-grated monterey jack. So good.

That's enough about my salad for now!

This evening we had a financial appointment and by the time we came home, it was 630 and we were so very hungry. Lucky for us--my amazing Mother-in-Law gave me her super-tasty Vegetable Beef Soup to take home when I dropped Parker off this morning at her house. As if taking care of my child all day wasn't enough, she provided me with an easy dinner, too! It was the perfect meal for a cold night like tonight. I whipped up a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches and we were warm and happy! Thanks, Honey :)
Let it be known by the world that today, February 3rd, 2011, is the day that my firstborn child had his first-ever grilled cheese sandwich (or pieces thereof). He probably could have eaten a whole sandwich. Obviously, I felt the need to document this momentous occasion with a picture.

Also let it be known that said sandwich was made with American cheese and rye/pumpernickel swirl bread and might have been the best grilled cheese ever made.

Or at least the best grilled cheese ever made by ME--that's not saying much, though.

No comments: