Saturday, February 19, 2011

Parker's First Valentines Day

We don't go super crazy for Valentine's Day. It's not one of our "major" holidays, but we still get each other cards and a little something to prove that we love each other. Ryan proved it with flowers and two Glee CD's (exciting!) and I proved it with a fancy water bottle. We proved out love for Parker with a card.

But not just any old card. My thought was that he would definitely not be able to read it (obvi), so even a cute card with words would not do anything for him. I decided to get one of the singing cards. I looked through all of the Valentine ones and wasn't impressed, so I moved over to the regular song-cards. I found a card I just knew he'd love...
"You're simply the best....better than all the rest....."

He absolutely LOVES this card. The first couple of times he played with it, he threw his hands up in the air and waved his hands from side-t0-side. We give it to him and he opens/closes it about 50 times. Usually he dances to he music, too.

If only all gifts were this simple.

No comments: