Friday, September 11, 2009

Four Months!

As of yesterday, I have finished my fourth month of pregnancy! Yaaaaaaaaaay! I am 16 weeks now and very happy about it. Four weeks from now, I will be 20 weeks which means.....ultrasound!! I have been feeling great--no sickness, limited nausea, and no crazy cravings. Just bigger boobs and belly, which is all fine with me. I ordered some really cute maternity tops this week, so I think I will be pretty much set for fall and winter. Here is all the info about begin 16 weeks pregnant you could ever want......
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.


......and to round it off....the belly pic! The first one is from 11 weeks, and the second is from today. I feel like there's barely a difference when I see the pictures, but I know there's a big difference in real life!

No comments: