Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby's First Wedding at 17 Weeks

Nothing too out of the ordinary occurred this week. It was mostly work, work, work! Yesterday, I went shopping almost all day with my BFF Amy. I had SUCH a good time! I bought a few cute tops from Forever 21 that I think will work for a quite a while for my big ol' belly. Amy and I always have the best time together. We could talk all day long and never run out of things to talk about. I am so glad to have her as a forever friend!

Last night we attended the wedding of a very good friend, Megan. It was one of the nicest weddings I've ever been to. We had the best time! The best part was the band at the reception. They are called "Off the Record," and they were soooo good! We--yes, we--danced the night away. When I woke up this morning, my feet, legs, and torso were actually sore from dancing so much! Here we are last night:
My head looks so big next to Ryan's! :) Yikes.

....Now onto baby stuff....

I am 17 weeks now! This Thursday, I have my monthly checkup. The most exciting thing that will occur will be listening to the heartbeat. I can't wait! Then we will go in again two weeks after that and have an ultrasound. I really can't wait for that. I have been trying to come up with a "theme" by looking at baby bedding this week. Here's what I have so far:

This is our current boy choice from the Gap. The little green dots are turtles. I love it! Obviously, a boy choice.

We both love this for a girl. It's from Pottery Barn Kids. The dots are just dots. I like that it has a bunch of different colors, and I loooooove the monogramming--which is optional. I discussed different bedding that involved butterflies with a few people, but to those people--I like this better! :)

Surprisingly, Ryan and I both agreed on these! I like that they are simple with lots of white. I can't wait to find out what sex this baby is!

Here is the information about our baby at 17 weeks, along with the standard pictures.


Your baby’s sense of hearing is developing since the ears have fully formed and moved into their final position. Your baby is also beginning to form adipose or fat tissue. This will help him/her take on a more normal appearance by filling out the fine features that he/she has. Fat is important in helping regulate the body’s temperature and metabolism.

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

The belly...

....and last but not least....our current baby!

Goodnight! :)

No comments: