Friday, June 7, 2013

Audrey's First Birthday Party!

The theme for Audrey's first birthday party was "shabby chic" aka "southern vintage" aka "sweet and girly."  


 

 I had all 12 of her monthly photos on display in the living room.  Love these cheap frames from Michael's!  I also hung loads of pictures from her first year on the wall in the den.  The original plan was to have the party outside, but it was SO HOT, so we kept it mostly indoors.  This altered my decorating plans because everything in the pictures above (except for the flowers) was supposed to be hung sweetly on the fence.  Oh well--still loved them all! 



The kids had such a good time playing.  I couldn't get a non-blurry picture of them because they were all crawling around after each other!

Present-opening time was fun, of course:


Sweet dress!  My favorite part of the picture is actually her feet.


A baby dooollllllllllllllll!!


Opening presents is tough work--she needed to take a minute to lay down.


Apparently she also needed a water break!


 Best family picture from the day! 


"King" girls!

After the presents were open, it was cake time!


 
Quite possibly the best picture of Audrey to DATE.  Haha!  Photo credit: Aunt Lulu.


Happy girl!


This little sweetie pie took his cake straight to the stairs to eat it by himself.  I thought it was so cute!

Everyone except my parents, sister and Lulu left when we were done with the cake.  We went cleaned up a little and then went outside for the kids to play and to take a few pictures.


We got Parker a present for being such an amazing big brother for the last year.  Seriously--the child loves his sister more than anything and is so so beyond sweet with her (most of the time).  I bought him a scooter at Target about a month ago and knew this would be the gift.  His reaction to seeing it?


Totally natural to lift up your shirt in excitement, right?  haha. 


 The rest of the pictures were my attempt at getting a decent picture of the birthday girl in her birthday dress.  I got a couple good ones that I am happy with!
 

Proof that it was pretty hot out there.  Add some intense scooter-ing and you've got one sweaty boy!

 

I SO wish the car wasn't in the background.  SO important to look at what's back there!  


My favorite.  I was so upset because when I took this I was super-excited but when I reviewed the pictures it was WAY overexposed or something like that--super bright.  I played around with it a little and determined that it would look best as a b&w.  Going in a frame for sure! 


Love this one, too.  Such a sweet ONE year old!

No comments: