Saturday, April 13, 2013

Audrey is 10 Months Old!

Audrey

It is SO crazy that in two short months you will be a YEAR old.  What!?  You are turning into our wild and crazy child, but it's okay because you are super-sweet and funny, too.  I took your pictures on the 7th, so they were technically a week late.  Bad Momma!  Here's what's up with you this month:


Unfortunately, the best picture of you also included your father's hand!
  • You have not been to the doctor this month, thank the Lord, so I am not 100 percent sure about your weight and height.  You seem like SUCH a "big" girl now.  Mainly in length.  You are still wearing a lot of nine months size clothes and some 12 months sizes.  I bought you some shorts that were 3-6 months size at Old Navy and they fit great.  You are such a skinny Minnie!
  • You are still wearing a size 3 diaper in disposables.  
  • Your bottom two teeth are both through, and now both of your top teeth are through!  The second one on the top has just come through, so it's not really visible to others yet.  Finally, you will have matching sets!
  • This month you have been eating everything.  I have been giving you little bits of what we've been eating and there has been nothing that you haven't eaten--pork, chicken, spaghetti, vegetables, fruit, pancakes, pickles--you eat it all!  This makes me SO happy and also makes me think that we must have just started too late with your sweet older brother.  We shall see how long this continues, but I am definitely liking it!
  • You are at a stage right now where you like to screech a lot.  You screech when you're excited, happy, and mad.  You usually get pretty upset if you are "confined," like in the pack-n-play or exersaucer.  You were getting so upset this week in the exersaucer, and I finally found out that all you wanted was out.  I have been putting you on the kitchen floor and you love it.  Now if I can just keep you out of Reese's bowls, we will be all set!
  • You have definitely gotten to the "hey--I can take my headband/hair bow off of my head!"  phase, and I am not happy about it!  I have no clue how to get you to listen to me on that front.  Every time I sternly tell you, "no!", you smile at me like I'm being funny.  Not cool, missy!  You look super-sweet with your hair "done" so we need to keep the accessories in!
  • You are starting to "talk" more.  Of course it's baby babble and your favorite syllable phrase is da-da-da-da-da-da.  Ummm, helloooooo?  What about Momma!  You've said it a couple times but you definitely don't do it often.  We are working on it! 
  • You have still been waking up most nights right in the middle of the night.  We have been letting you cry-it-out for the most part.  Daddy was out of town this week and I had to go in and get you when NayNay and Mona were staying here so they wouldn't go crazy listening to you cry.  Lucky girl!  It's hard for me to leave you in there most nights but I know it's for the best.
  • Your favorite toy right now is a little baby doll that Honey got for you for Easter!  You are pretty much obsessed with this doll and start kicking your legs and freaking out every time you see "her."
You are truly a precious little gemstone.  You're so much fun and have SUCH a personality.  We are going to Florida next week and I cannot wait to see you on the beach with your brother!  

No comments: