Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Zoo

We took Parker to the zoo for the first time on September 2nd.  Ryan had the day off as the start to Labor Day weekend, so we started the day off at the outlets for a very little bit of shopping (Gap and Stride Rite only!).  After this, we grabbed a super-quick lunch at Chick-fil-a and headed back to Norfolk for the zoo.  It was much hotter outside than we thought it was going to be.  I mean, it was super-hot.  I'll show you proof toward the end of this post.  

Such a sweet goat.  Parker did not want to touch him.  


Me and my babe.  He's too cool to actually look into the camera when other people are, too.


"Woohoo!  I love the zooooooooooooooo!"
Overall, I'd say he was pretty whatevs about the whole thing.  He did some pointing, made some "rawwwrrrrrr" sounds, as well as  some "oo-oo-ahh-ahh"'s.  It was just so hot and he was in the stroller for a large portion of the afternoon, so I don't think he could see each and every animal.  He did like the elephants, the giraffe, and the monkeys.



I'm 100 percent sure this was his favorite part.  He loved the fountains and getting wet.  Soooo "next time" we will take him to Ocean Breeze!


Here we are on the train.  I call this picture, "Proof that it was HOT."  Red face, anyone?  

No comments: