Saturday, November 6, 2010

Besties


So we all know Parker was born on 2/25/10. My BFF {best friend forever--truly...we will always be friends} , Amy, just had her sweet baby boy, Wyatt, on 6/27/10. It's funny that we had our babies so close in age because back in high school when we first became friends, we always said we would want to have our babies "at the same time." We TOTALLY did--and not on purpose.
Amy and me at my baby shower in February, about three weeks before Parker was born

We have been able to help each other and share information about baby products and trends with each other....it has been an amazing blessing to be going through motherhood together. I am so glad that it worked out this way and cannot imagine what this journey would have been like without Amy there to talk with and sympathize. I highly recommend pregnancies that coincide with those of a friend. Amy--love you! :) Parker and Wyatt "meeting" for the first time. I'm really glad we took this picture!

Okay back to the point--up until recently, Parker and Wyatt haven't been able to really interact at all because of the vast differences in their abilities being four months apart. It's amazing to see what a difference just a few months makes when babies are under a year old.

This past Friday, I kept Wyatt for about an hour and a half to help Amy and Jimmy, her husband, out. When Amy dropped Wyatt off, Parker was already asleep for his morning nap. About five minutes after Amy left, I put Wyatt in the swing for a nap, and he slept for about 30-45 minutes. They woke up at almost the same time, so I decided it would be a nice time to take a few pictures of the two of them--fresh from naps!"Talk to the hand, Wy."

"Wyatt, let me help you with that!"

It's funny to see them together because they are close to being the same size. Since Wyatt is still in more of a "baby" mode--meaning that you can sit him down and he won't go anywhere--he just kind of sat there and looked at Parker, like, "Wow--you are a crazy person. Please stop touching me!" Haha! Parker always reaches for Wyatt's face and wants to squeeze him!
I think it's his way of saying, "Hi...you're my friend."

"Auntie Dink, you so cwazy"

Parker:: "Mom, everything is fine here. Me and Wy are just playing--right Wyatt??"
Wyatt:: Gulp. "Yes??"

I hope that they can grow to be pretty good friends like their mothers. If nothing else, it sure would make it easier for Amy and I to have social time! Haha!
PS--Weren't Amy and I super cute preggos? We should do the whole double pregnancy thing again--it would be SO fun!
PPS--I obviously understand a secret baby language that no one else does--hence, all the quotes for the pictures. Indulge me.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

I think this was one of my fav. posts yet! Not just the touching dedication to Amy (which I agree, it is GREAT that you two are able to go through motherhood together & you were two of the cutest preggers! :)but also the minor comic strip! The pictures of Parker & Wyatt are hilarious & adorable! I hope they grow up to be the best of friends too!! Love ya, Lulu
P.S. Can't wait to have Parker all to myself this weekend (well, with you guys too, but you know what I mean), this shall be our bonding trip! :)