Sunday, October 31, 2010

Eight Months/Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeeen

Parker, you are now eight months old! Let's keep it real--you've been eight months old for almost a week now. It's been a busy week with your dad being out of town, so yeah, I'm a little late. You're still in your eighth month, though!

Okay, now that I feel better about my tardiness.....here's what you are up to lately!

  • You are still in the size four Pamper's Baby Dry. Your new thing as of this week--leaking out of said diaper. It's horrible, and I think you're waking up a little earlier because of the leakage. Last night, I put you in a size five just to see if it would absorb more....it didn't. We will start trying overnight/extra absorbent diapers to help keep you dry!
  • You are into size 12 months clothes now. I have still been buying random items, and you have a very good assortment of 12-18 and 18-24 months clothes to last you throughout the winter. You are such a big boy!
  • As mentioned previously, you are now crawling. You are getting faster and faster every day. It is so scary! We have purchased a new playpen for you called the Joovy. We took your old playpen upstairs, and the Joovy, which is a bigger playpen, is downstairs. You really enjoy yourself and have such a good time playing in them!
  • You now have four total teeth, and I'm constantly wondering when your next ones will come in. It's funny because now I can hardly imagine you when you had no teeth at all. They just seem to "make" you. Even though you bite me often when nursing, I am so glad that you have your sweet toofers.
  • Your laugh is the absolute sweetest thing I have ever heard. You just giggle and squeal when you get excited or tickled, and I LOVE it. Just tonight, I was spinning around in one of Omi's chairs when Grammie tickled you unexpectedly. I don't know if you've ever laughed so loud. You are pretty ticklish on your sides and your "rib-bone."
  • You now do "bye-bye's." Do you do it every time we say "bye-bye"? No. You do it almost every time, though! You take your little wrist and just move your hand up and down. It's amazing.
  • You are desperately trying to pull yourself up into a standing position. You maneuver yourself in the playpen so that you're on your knees and grab for the side, but you're not quite there yet. I bet in a week--you'll be doing this. SUPER scary but exciting!
  • In related news, we dropped your crib down to the lowest level two weeks ago. It's a good thing because if it was in the old position, you could probably throw yourself over the edge. Obviously, this would not be good.
  • We will probably start giving you actual solid foods this week. Like, a taste of mashed potatoes here, a smashed up green bean there, etc. I think you're ready, and I think your Daddy isn't so sure. I'm sure that by the next time I do a monthly post, you'll be chomping on everything we are!
  • We are starting to really notice your major temper. I'd say you got this from my side of the family because I have the same one. When we lay you down on the changing table to change your clothes or diaper, you often, but not always, freak out. You go into a full on grunt/scream thing that is kind of funny but also not. We try to talk you out of it, but you're usually making so much noise that you don't hear us. You will soon!
Happy First Halloween! You were the cutest giraffe I've ever seen. I promise we will go trick-or-treating to more than just the neighbors houses next year. Love you!!

No comments: