Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Six Months (plus one week :)

Well Parker, my sweet boy.....you are now SIX MONTHS OLD! As in...half of a year has gone by since you were born. It doesn't seem possible. Time has truly flown by...here's what's going on with you!

  • You are in a size Four diaper. I just bought two huge boxes from Amazon.com for only $30 total! It was very exciting. I think these will fit you for a while.
  • You had your Six Month checkup with the doctor last week. You weigh 19 pounds 2 ounces and are 28 1/2 inches long. You're in the 97th percentile for height and head size and just slightly over the 75th percentile for weight. The doctor said this is all great!
  • We are now fully on the path of solid foods. We are going to be introducing a new food once every two to three days from now on to get you used to different tastes and textures. So far, you've had rice cereal, oatmeal, green beans, peaches, and carrots. Coming soon are bananas, squash, and peas!
  • You are still wearing some Six Months size clothes, but you are really fitting into Nine Months clothes now. I have been trying to buy clothes for the fall and winter and it's SO hard! I cannot predict how big you will be....but I've been erring on the side of bigger. I've been buying a lot of 18 to 24 months sizes. We'll see how that all works out!
  • You are rolling around like crazy! If we leave you on the floor for a couple of minutes alone, you will be off of your playmat or blanket and in a totally different part of a room. You are soooooo close to crawling--it's scary. Mommy isn't ready for all this movement yet! Babyproofing is in the near future.
  • You have two sweet little teeth that have come in on the bottom. They are adorable and we just love to see you smile. You have only bitten me a couple of times while nursing. Your teeth feel like little razor blades!
  • Not sure what the deal is with this, but you move your hands around a lot. Aunt Amy compared your hand movements to a magician's hands--you look like you're casting a spell on everyone. It stresses me out because I keep wondering if it's something that's wrong, but your father has assured me that it's probably just a "thing" you do. Everyone comments on your magical hands!
  • You are starting to make noises that sounds like "mama" and "dada." I don't know if that's what you're actually saying but it's SO FREAKIN' SWEET. I love it. You get this serious look on your face and kind of stick your tongue out sideways. Then you "talk." Sometimes it comes out loud, sometimes it comes out as a whisper, but it's always very sweet.
  • You love to go on walks. Honey takes you on a walk every day that she has you, and when Daddy watched you this past weekend on his own, you two went on several walks together. The three of us go on walks through the neighborhood often, too. The weather is starting to cool down enough that we will be able to enjoy these even more!
  • Speaking of you and Daddy, I left you for an out of town trip for the first time this past weekend. I was in Atlanta from Friday to Monday for a work trip, and you spent the weekend with Daddy. Apparently, the two of you had a great time! I missed you sooooooooooo much, but I knew you were in good hands the whole time. I was so happy to see you on Monday!
  • You can sit on your own for very short periods of time. I think you would be sitting perfectly by yourself if it weren't for your 97th percentile head! We work on this a lot and it seems that you are improving on your sitting skills.
  • You are such an overall happy baby. You wake up in a great mood each day and stay that way for the most part. We love to just play with you and watch you entertain yourself. You don't mind having other people hold you too much, but lately you've been uncertain around some men. You've cried with Uncle Bryan and Uncle Frank looking at you. You've also been a little concerned about Uncle Jim. I think it's just a "phase"--or that they're all pretty scary!
Our family...six months later. Our lives are much better than we ever thought they could be thanks to you. We love you so much!

1 comment:

Ry.and.Mi said...

Hi, my name is Marie and I just had to leave a comment to tell you how I ended up at your blog.

I have a blog as well and I decided to see if it would come up in google search. I accidentally spelled my blog address wrong and yours popped up at the top of the page. My blog is ryandmi.blogspot.com :)

The thing that amazed me though was for some reason the blog post that google pulled up was about you being pregnant and your baby being the size of a lemon. It was written almost a year ago exactly. What's crazy is, I am pregnant and my baby is in the lemon week right now! Even more amazing is Parker and Porter are our top boy names.

Small, amazing world, no? Congrats on your gorgeous boy. Have a good holiday weekend!