Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's 2010! It's amazing how fast a decade goes by. I remember when I rang in the year 2000 at a party I threw at my parents' house with all of my best high school friends. I was in 10th grade! Listen to me......I sound like an old"er" person.

We rang in the new year by going to Shogun for hibachi...YUM...and then playing games at the Jefferson house with the whole fam. It was very fun to have everyone sit around the table and play Catch Phrase! I am looking forward to some game nights in the future that we can hold at our house :) For most of the rest of the weekend, we worked at the house. We attended a funeral for Ryan's cousin on Saturday in North Carolina, so we didn't go to the house on Saturday at all. We spent most of the day in the car listening to the 90's station on Satellite radio. Bryan rode with us, and we actually had a pretty fun day despite the circumstances.

While working at the house over the weekend, we put the baby's crib together and moved it and the "chifferobe" around until we got them into the "perfect" position. We still need to order the dresser for the room. After we get this and I get a few decor-type items, his room will be complete! Of course, we also had tons of help again this weekend. Here are some pictures of our work crew:
Louise painting the closet doors
Rog putting together the glider
The screws for the baby's crib
All of the crib parts
Ry in the middle of putting the crib together...pun intended haha! :)
Bry putting up more crown..they finally got it all up and caulked this weekend. The last step is touching up the paint over the areas that were caulked and spackled.
Opa putting up a ceiling fan in the guest bedroom
Mom and Renee also came over and helped move boxes all around the house! I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy directing them from room to room. I loved it :) This weekend should finally be the weekend that we will start living there! I am excited excited excited to get settled in and get ready for this baby to be here. Speaking of him...

I am 32 weeks now. Here is the info about the baby:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama--) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

I cannot believe that in two months he will probably be here! It is too crazy. He is moving around like he's doing an aerobics class as we speak!! I signed up for childbirth classes today, which apparently is considered "last minute" since most of the classes are full until February, which will be too late! We were able to sign up for a two-Saturday class at Chesapeake General. They also offer a breastfeeding class and a class about introducing your baby and dog that I think we'll take as well! The dog class should be interesting. I feel like the more info the better. I will report on how all of my informative classes go as soon as I attend :)

Okay..off to research hotel rooms for an overnight trip this weekend. We have a work dinner to attend in Bedford, VA on Saturday night. It's four hours away, which kind of stinks, but it should be nice. Wish me luck!

No comments: