Saturday, January 23, 2010

Busy Busy

We have been sooooooo busy lately. Understandably busy, I would say! It has been too long since I've blogged. Things have been going very well. We started staying at our house last Sunday night, and have been enjoying being here, making this house our home. After an "ordeal" with Haynes, we finally have all of our new furniture (and old) in the house. Here are a couple of pictures of our bedroom with the furniture still mostly in boxes:



I am planning to take pictures of each room "after," but I was waiting until I could at least get most of the boxes out of the rooms. I think after this week, we will accomplish that. Most everything should be put "in its place" at that point. I just want to get it all done before the baby gets here.............



Speaking of him, everything on that side of life is going very well. We attended a Prepared Childbirth class last Saturday and today and really enjoyed it. We definitely learned a lot that we didn't know, and I would say that I feel about as prepared as I can at this point. We also took a breastfeeding class a couple of weeks ago that gave some good information. We are signing up to attend a class about taking care of a newborn in a couple of weeks. All of the classes are at Chesapeake Regional Medical Center. You pay one fee and can sign up for as many classes as you want! It is great.

My gestational diabetes issue is going pretty well. I had my second follow-up appointment with them, and the nurse that looked through my record book said I am doing a great job with my diet! I am now taking a pill to help regulate my sugars and it seems to be working. I feel like if I did not have Diabetes, I would have gained much more weight than I already have. I'm following a pretty consistent diet, so there's not too much room for bad stuff. At this point, I have gained 30 pounds. It could have been 40 to 50 if I hadn't been dieting. In a way, it's a blessing!

Because they have me on this medication, I have been having twice-weekly fetal non-stress tests for the last two weeks. They will continue until sweet baby boy is born. I sit in a lazy boy-type chair for about 30 minutes or more while they monitor the baby's heartbeat with a fetal monitor. Every time he moves, I click a button, and his heart rate is supposed to go up. Everything has been fine with the tests, except for the fact that he sometimes won't move for the first 10 minutes or so of the test! He'll move in the car on the way there and in the waiting room, but when I sit in the chair, nothing. After about 10 minutes, he usually gets the picture and starts rolling around in there. It is interesting to just sit and wait for him to move!

It's hard to believe that he will be here so soon. I cannot wait! I know I have been HORRIBLE about making baby updates and putting up belly pictures but it is so hard when we have so much going on with the house. For those of you that want one (Joanne :), I will try try try to remember to take one tomorrow. Ryan keeps reminding me after I've taken a shower and have only a nightgown on. Hopefully we will be able to remember tomorrow when we come home from church. Here is info about being 35 weeks:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

To end, here are a couple of pictures from this evening. I promise to try to be better with the blogging...haven't I made that promise before? :)


Ry working on door handles in the office
The finished product!

Reese in the kitchen, his new hangout :)

No comments: