Friday, November 27, 2009

Renovation Day One

Today we started fixing up the new house. Ry and I got up at about 7am and left the house to get things started! I headed over to Greenbrier to get the glider for the baby's room. The regular price was $300, but today they had an Early-Bird Black Friday special for $150! Here it is:

I picked this out last week and it just happened to be one of the Black Friday specials. I'm so glad!

After I did a tiny bit more shopping, I headed over to our new house (technically on Monday) to get started on the updating. Ryan, Roger, Louise, and my dad were already there, and Bryan got there right after me. We figured out what we needed for paint, and Bryan and I went on a two-hour journey to get just that. The others were hard at work sanding floors and scrubbing walls. Once we returned, it was work, work, work for the rest of the day! Ryan and Dad concentrated on the floors, Roger and Louise scrubbed and prepped walls, and Bryan painted the afternoon and evening away. THANK YOU again to all of you for your help. We are so blessed to have such a giving, hardworking family! I worked on taking out the old contact paper in the kitchen cabinets and replacing it with sticky floor tiles. They are turning out really well! Pictures to sum up the evening...... (I didn't get any while Rog and Louise were there....I will next time! :)
Dad, sanding down the floors
Ryan, reaching for the stars! :)
Bryan, taking care of business
This is the baby's room.....before. Can't wait to post the after!

The plan for tomorrow is to get up bright and early and head over to the house with a stop at Home Depot on the way. More painting and floor sanding is on the agenda. I am exhausted right now, so I am going to get up to bed! I will try to continue with the regular posts since I have lots to take pictures of now! Goodnight.....

No comments: