Sunday, November 15, 2009

Last Weekend in Aragona

This was the last weekend we will spend in our current house. We are so excited to move but also sad because it's our first home together and we are leaving it. All weekend, we've been saying things like, "This is our last Saturday here," and "this time next week, we'll be showering in a different house." It's crazy! We did a lot of packing over the weekend. Ryan also did a large amount of yard work to clean up from the storm. We have pretty much everything packed up that we could pack now. I couldn't pack up my pots and pans, some glasses, bathroom stuff, etc., because we need them this week! I'm thinking that on Thursday evening/Friday during the day, I will be able to pack all of this kind of stuff up so that on Saturday, we can load up the moving truck and take it all to our hew home!

This evening, we went to a carpet store in Chesapeake and decided to stop by Babies "r" Us to check out a crib we've been looking at online. We wanted to see what the color looks like in person. While in the store, we also saw the stroller I've been looking at online. It's a new style from Graco, and I was so happy to finally see it in person! I wheeled it around in the aisle a little bit and it's definitely the one. Here it is:
I couldn't get a bigger picture, but I thought this looked so much better in person. I can't wait to stroll around with our sweet baby boy in there! So after we checked out the stroller, we went back to where the cribs are, and I saw it. The crib we were there to check out--in the CLEARANCE section. We walked over and saw that the crib as well as the "chifferobe" were both on clearance. They are having a big clearance sale right now, but I didn't expect to see this furniture in the sale because it was online and didn't appear to be sale-material. The sales associate told us that they had received a new display crib and that the chifferobe was being discontinued. There is nothing wrong with either one, except that each has a small scratch, about 1/4 inch big, on the side. We can deal. We both loved the color and style of both pieces, so we decided that we should go ahead and buy them. The crib's regular price is $429, and the chifferobe's regular price is $549. We got both for $429!!! Amazing!!!!!!!! Needless to say, we were very excited. VERY excited. We walked in the store expecting to check out the color and put them on the registry and ended up buying two for the price of one. We will pick them up later this week with Opa's truck. Here are pictures:


This is the chifferobe. I've never heard of that term before, but it's kind of like a small armoire.
We are probably going to buy this combo dresser as a third piece. They are all so beautiful, and our plan is to have this be our boy's furniture for the next 18 years. The crib is convertible, so if we buy a toddler rail and a conversion kit, it will change into a toddler bed, and then a full-size bed. The furniture is very strong and sturdy, so it should stand the test of time.

I realized before I wrote this that I never did a 25 weeks entry. Here is the 25 weeks info:

This is a rutabaga. I had no idea what it was. It's not something I think I've ever eaten!

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

Going to bed now.....goodnight!

No comments: