Saturday, March 22, 2014

Baby Geeeeeeeearl

I wanted to record a few things about Audrey that I want to remember.  She is talking up a storm lately and saying so many cute little things and is such a sweetheart!

  • her:"hey, Momma....know what?" me: "what baby girl?" her: "i lub boo"
  • She is in LOVE with her baby dolls.  She likes to burp them, squeeze (hug) them, make them dance and cover them up with a blanket and put them to bed.  She'll say that they're crying and then rock them to make them feel better.  She also loves her real life baby dolls, Leah and McKinley.  
  • Some of her other favorite activities are coloring with markers, opening and shutting lids to chapstick, toothpaste, and lotion, playing in the pantry and in her pretend kitchen.
  • Another person she loves most of the time is "Cocka" aka Parker.  They play together pretty well most of the time--haha.  He does really irritate her a lot of the time because he'll continuously say something that she's asked him to stop saying or get in her face when she's already frustrated with him.  True big brother style! 
  • Audrey's current bedtime routine is as follows:  She takes a bath.  She gets her overnight diaper and PJ's on.  We brush teeth.  While I'm brushing her teeth she holds her toothpaste and wants to take the lid on and off.  When we're done with teeth, we read a book.  Her favorite right now is "Night Night Little Pookie."  When we're done with the book we make sure she's had kisses and hugs from Daddy and Cocka, and then it's lights out time.  She'll sit with me in the rocking chair for a couple of minutes and then usually asks to get in her bed--so different from Parker at that age!  While we're rocking we'll sing songs or just "talk" a little.  Before I lay her down I'll stand by the crib and rock her in my arms for just a minute.  I always say, "good night (kiss)...sweet dreams (kiss)...I love you (kiss)....I'll see you in the morning (kiss)."  She'll say some of the words as I'm saying them.  She usually goes right to sleep once I lay her in the bed as long as both of her babies, her bunny, and her blanket are in there with her.  Generally, she sleeps all night!

  • She puts a country twang on a lot of her words--baby geeeearl (baby girl), peeeeop (poop), rot deya (right there).  I'm sure there's more!
  • She loves to sing loose versions of the ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, and Rock-a-bye Baby.  I've tried to get her singing them on video and have been semi-successful.  It's very, very sweet.
  • When she wants one of us to pick her up or love on her a little, she'll say, "I wanna see meeeeeeeee."  What she really means is "I want to see YOU."  Toddlers and their grammar.
  • She asks to listen to "boom bop et" (elvira) and songs from Frozen.  If I start singing and leave of the last words in a phrase, she'll usually finish them!
  • She's really starting to have a little bit of an attitude and temper, and it's funny and frustrating at the same time.  We'll tell her to do something and she says "i own wan to" (I don't want to).  She also throws things when she gets mad or frustrated and throws little temper tantrums here and there when you forcibly remove her from an activity.  I definitely think she's going to have a more terrible "terrible two" phase than Parker did.  
I'm sure I'll think of more--I'll keep a running list.  She is so funny and fun to watch and listen to!



No comments: