Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Parker-isms

Parker has been saying some really cute stuff lately that I wanted to remember later on, so I figured I would start listing them here every now and then.  He is talking so much and saying so many different little things.

  • A couple weeks ago we were up in the playroom, and he picked up his little play phone.  He does this all the time and calls, Honey and Granddaddy, Mona and NayNay, etc.  I think it's so cute and love to listen to what he says.  During this particular play session, after falling down, he picked up the phone and said, "Hello doctor...I hit my head...okay....bye, later!"  So funny!  He always says, "bye, later" at the end of his phone conversations. 
  • A few cute words he's saying right now: callerpitter for caterpillar, Mecisin for Mexican, beevze for breeze.  

The usual reaction when I try to take pictures.
  • Parker and Ryan were reading books tonight as they always do, and I said, "Why don't you sing Sissy a song?", which is an almost nightly thing.  He responded by saying, "That's a great idea!"
  • My last post was about Parker playing the piano.  There are a couple demo songs that are fast, and some that are slow.  I have told him that I don't like the slow ones.  He asks me all the time now if I want to hear a "schlow one", and when I tell him NO, he thinks it's hilarious!

Doing puzzles with Sissy.
  • Ryan taught Parker to show us his muscles and then give them a kiss.  He calls them his "Super Muscles" and likes to show them off and make the cutest face with his lips. 

"Super Musclesssssssss"
  • I don't know where he learned this, but Parker often likes to talk with little breaks in between each word.  An example would be, "I.  Want.  To.  Do.  My.  New.  Puzzle."  It's usually followed by a super cute little face.  Today, Ryan and Parker were coming down the stairs and Ryan asked Parker, "Where are we going today?"  Parker responded and said, "I.  Don't.  Know" with the cute little grin face.  

Silly.
  • Sometime last week I was in the den with Parker and Audrey, and Audrey was in her swing.  There is a mobile that hangs above it, but it wasn't in the swing at the time.  Parker grabbed it and attached it to the arm that holds the mobile and said, "I saved the day!"  
  • He currently calls me, "Ma."  I didn't think I would like it, but it's grown on me and now I love it.  He still calls me Momma sometimes, but it's usually Ma.  I think he got this from Ryan, who often says, "Hey, Ma", when he gets on the phone with his mom. 
  • Last, but not least....Ryan goes to get Parker out of his bed almost every morning.  After he changes his diaper, he brings him in our room and Parker climbs up on the bed to see me.  Last week sometime, he climbed up and said, "Hi, Momma!"  I was wearing a nightgown that is a little loose at the top, and he looked down at my chest and noticed that my boob was hanging out.  He said, "Sissy hungy {hungry}?"  HAHA!  Ryan and I laughed so hard. 

More to come, I'm sure!  

No comments: