Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Parker--You're Two!

Parker

You are now a BIG two year old boy and have been for just over a month.  I am way behind in writing this because of the two hospital visits we've had since your birthday and everything in between.  Let's talk about your party first.

Right before the party, we gave you your present from us--your very own Jeep!



You had no idea how to steer the wheel, so you didn't!  Everyone was chasing you all over the yard.  It was pretty funny.


The theme of your party was Sesame Street.  It's funny because only four weeks later, I would maybe pick a WIGGLES party because that's all you want to watch now.  You are obsessed.  I got this cute sign from Etsy and still need your dad to cut the stick off so we can hang it up in your room.  


You had lots of presents from our family and friends, including books, clothes and toys.  You had a little help opening your presents from your friends, Kaley and Wyatt.  You didn't mind, though!  


NayNay helped you with your stickers.  I thought this picture was sweet.


You looooooved playing with your new basketball hoop from Honey and Granddad!  Now you like to "slam dunk" it and fall down on the ground.  You always want us to do it and then you ask us if we're okay.  Sooo sweet.


The four of us at your party!  It's a little blurry but it's the best picture of the three of us.  We really had a great time.  Next year might be the first time we have a party elsewhere, but it was nice to have it at the house.  We had pizza (which you don't even like) and some simple appetizers.  I made two different kinds of cupcakes instead of getting a cake--chocolate with peanut butter icing and vanilla with orange buttercream icing.  You ate the vanilla with orange and really seemed to like it, so I was happy!  

The rest of the pictures are from our birthday breakfast at IHOP.  A very popular thing to do right now is a yearly "birthday interview" with your child starting at age three since at age two, you don't really know what a lot of the questions mean.  So for now, I'll answer them for you in what I'm pretty sure would be the answers you'd give.  This is definitely something I'd like to continue each year.


1.  What is your favorite color?  You ask for your blue bath crayon most, so we'll go with that.
2.  What is your favorite toy? Like I just mentioned,  you really love to slam dunk the basketball in your hoop right now.
3.  What is your favorite fruit?  Blueberries.
4.  What is your favorite TV show?  Wiggle and Learn.  But two weeks ago it was Play with Me Sesame.  You also really enjoy Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
5.  What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?  Right now, you pretty much only eat three things for lunch or dinner--grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly or chicken nuggets.  I don't know when we will be able to expand your menu but hope next year the answer to this question may be a little different!
6.  What is your favorite outfit?  Jeans with your Elmo or Mickey shirt.
7.  What is your favorite game?  Probably "kicking the ball"--so maybe soccer?
8.  What is your favorite snack?  We don't usually end up eating too many snacks at home, but if you do have one, it's usually some kind of cracker.
9.  What is your favorite animal?  Either a dog or a cat.  Or a dolphin.  Or a lion.  Or a chicken.......
10.  What is your favorite song?  You love to sing "Old MacDonald" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."  You also really enjoy dancing to a lot of different wiggles songs and other nursery rhymes.
11.  What is your favorite book?  We actually read four books at bedtime--"Little Bug Book," "Big Bug Book," "Elmo Book," and "Mickey Book" (not the actual titles).
12.  Who is your best friend?  Probably Wyatt AKA Wydet.
13.  What is your favorite store?  Either Wal-Mart or Target. 
14.  What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Anything. Kicking the ball, sliding, swinging, driving your jeep, jumping on the trampoline.....you LOVE to play outside! 
15.   What is your favorite drink?  Milk.
16.  What is your favorite holiday?  Maybe birthdays.  Like...anyone's birthday.  You get pretty excited about them!
17.  What do you like to take to bed with you at night?  Puppy.  
18.  What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Waffles or pancakes.
19.  What do you want for dinner on your birthday?  See number 5.
20.  What do you want to be when you grow up?  A momma's boy.  (What?? I know that would be his answer. :) 

You currently weigh about 33 pounds and are about 38 inches tall!


There are so so so so so many things I could write because you do the sweetest cutest things all the time.  Basically, I just need to start blogging more often so I can remember them as we go.  For now, I'll just say that you are the absolute best thing that has EVER happened to your dad and me.  Ever.  You brighten up every day and  make us smile all the time.  I'm not going to lie--there are a lot of frustrating two-year-old moments, too, but the good definitely outweighs any bad behavior that may occur.  


You are caring, funny, smart and cute. You love to dance.  You can say all of your ABC's and count to 20.  You ask us if we're okay if we get hurt or say, "ouch."  You give your baby sister kisses and tell her "night-night" and that you love her.  I know that when she gets here that you are going to love her so much and be the best big brother to her.  I can't wait to watch the two of you together, but at the same time, I am just a little sad that you will no longer be the only one we focus on and hope that you don't notice too much that we can't give you nearly as much attention as you've had for the past two years.  I hope that you will always know and feel how strong my love is for you, no matter what happens.  


You are my little baby boy and always will be. I will be here for you whenever you need me, even if you're thousands of miles away.  I will support you in whatever you choose to do with your life, even if I disagree with your choices.  I will always squeeze you tight and tell you how much you mean to me.  No matter how old we are, I will always love you like I do now--with the strong passionate love that only a mother can give to her son.

Parker, all of this is to simply say that I love you so, so much and am beyond thankful to have you in my life.  Thank you for being the best first child and most likely only son we could ever ask for.  And.........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :)

Love,

Your Momma

No comments: