Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, today was my first Mother's Day, and it was wonderful! Ry and I woke up this morning and loved with Parker for a little bit while we got ready for church. Ry gave me my presents, which were a large set of pots an pans and a kit to make Parker's handprints with. The pots and pans are going back to the store because the ones we have are just not old enough to get rid of yet! He bought them because I really needed a new skillet. We just don't need the rest! It was the thought that counted, though :) I can't wait to do Parker's handprints!

I took Ry to church and then went to my parents' house to have breakfast. Omi also came this morning, so my dad was the chef for our Mother's Day morning celebration. After breakfast, Parker and I headed to church to meet our "other" family for continued Mother's Day love. We went to Olive Garden for lunch, and it was soooooo good! Parker was a very good boy at lunch and spent a lot of the time smiling and cooing.

We had a pretty relaxing afternoon. Bryan and Lacy stopped by for a bit to visit with us (or just Parker, haha). Ryan cleaned the bathrooms, and I made macaroni salad for our cookout at Omis. Parker actually sat in his bouncy seat for almost a whole 30 minutes while I washed dishes and cleaned up the den! He doesn't usually do this for that long (at our house at least :), so I was happy and hopeful that maybe it will continue this week.

Tomorrow I am taking Parker to "daycare" for the first time. It is with my best friend, Amy's, mother-in-law, Donna, who watches three other little ones, too. Although I fully trust her and know she will take great care of him, I am not looking forward to dropping him off. It's just different from taking him to my wonderful mother-in-law's house, since she is what we know and are used to. I know he will be fine, but it's just another first that I guess I have to get over. I'm still conflicted about what to do about work. I know I want to work for Onlineformals but am still so unsure about USIS. It's definitely a tough decision that I am having a really hard time making.

On the Mother's Day topic, I have to give a shout out to my Mom. Mom, you are the absolute best mother I could ever ask for. By being such a caring and giving mother, you have taught me how to be the best mom I can to my son (and future children). Throughout my whole life, you have supported me and been more than just a mom--you've been my friend! I can't wait to watch you for years to come as the amazing grandmother that you have become to Parker. Thank you again for everything you have done for me throughout my entire life. You are the BEST! :)

Now it is time for bed...I am soooo tired! Here are some pictures that Ryan took on my first Mother's Day with Parker. I love them!




I bet you all thought you had lost me for another month on the blogging. I sure fooled you!

No comments: