Sunday, October 18, 2009

Brrrrr.....

WOW it is so cold outside! I have actually been looking forward to the cool weather, but it seems like it crept up on me so fast. We traveled to the Outer Banks this weekend for a mini-vacay with my family. My mom rented an oceanfront beach house at a really great out-of-season price. I drove down on Wednesday afternoon, and Ryan drove down from his business trip to DC on Friday. It was a very relaxing! I worked all day on Thursday for Onlineformals from the house. Other than that, all we really did was shop and eat. That's my kind of long weekend! The weather was not-so-hot: cloudy and cool--but it didn't matter. It was just nice to spend time with my family! Here are a couple of pictures of the view from the house and one of the fam:



Me, Dad (you can barely see him--I think he was hiding), Mom, Terry (Mom's friend), Renee, Omi, Opa, and Ry

I made a spaghetti dinner for everyone on Friday night that they seemed to enjoy! This picture was taken as we were all digging in. I love cooking for lots of people but don't get to do that often. It was also a great situation because everyone else did the dishes! We had church this morning and then Ryan and I went to lunch together because no one else from his family attended this morning. For the rest of the afternoon, we watched football and a TV movie. We had a small break in the middle where Ryan had to go to church to play the piano for a special event and I went to the store. I made a reallllly good Shepherd's Pie recipe for dinner. I loved the way it turned out and Ryan even liked it, which is rare! By that I mean rare for a new recipe. Usually when I try new things, he doesn't like them. Click here for the link! If you check it out, I did not make the gravy. It didn't need it.

This week will be a good one. Ryan's birthday is on Saturday, and we are traveling to Charlottesville for a weekend getaway. We both took Friday off and will basically have most of Thursday off, so I am looking forward to all of that!

On the Baby side of things.......everything is going great! Ryan first saw my stomach move from the baby yesterday morning, and first felt him moving today. I have been trying to get him to feel him for at least a week now but couldn't make it happen. I'm glad he is now able to feel our son moving around! We still haven't decided on a name and have also not decided what to do about moving. Ugh. Soooo stressful..................................

....and on that note--I am going to end this to do a little bit of real estate research with Ry. Wish us luck......
Goodnight from us and our furry baby boy :)

No comments: