Sunday, October 4, 2009

19 Weeks

This weekend was pretty normal and relaxing. I feel like I always say that, but it's usually true! Friday night we mostly relaxed. We did make a quick trip to the baby store to check out a couple of things I had been researching. There's so many choices for everything--it makes it kind of confusing! Saturday we stayed home pretty much all day and cleaned both the inside and outside of our house. I took a bunch of stuff out of cabinets and closets so that when we sell our house, whenever that ends up happening, they won't look so crammed. We had dinner at home last night and watched a movie. This morning we attended church, of course, and then had lunch at Olive Garden. It was good but soooo salty! I went to TJ Maxx afterwards and my shoe broke in the store. I only shopped for a little longer after the shoe broke--then I was over it. I came home after TJ and watched football with Ryan for the rest of the afternoon until we went to Omi's for dinner!

Tomorrow, we find out the sex of our baby. I am nervous and excited at the same time. This ultrasound also checks lots of other things, so of course we are praying that all will be well with the baby. There's no reason to think there would be anything wrong, but you just never know! I'm also hoping the baby doesn't have it's legs crossed. I am ready to find out what it is! I can't believe it's already time to do this. I remember thinking, "Wow, October is sooo far away!" I'm sure when the baby's born I'll look back and say something similar.

Since this is my 19th week of pregnancy, here is all the 19 week info about our sweet Baby J.


For those that may not know (because I wouldn't), it's a mango. :)

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.


Don't be scared, it's just my big ol' belly! Goodnight.....



No comments: