Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

For Halloween this year, I was desperately trying to have Parker and Audrey coordinate again.  I am sure that next year I won't be able to do it again, so I was excited when I came up with this year's costumes for them.  Parker was a farmer and Audrey was a pig.  This stemmed from Audrey's recent learning of "Old MacDonald."  It took a while to convince Parker to "want" to be a farmer, and I'm so glad it all worked out!  We visited with Ryan's parents and my grandparents for a few minutes each before trick-or-treating through our neighborhood.  My mom and sister joined in and walked with us toward the end.  Audrey stayed in the wagon for the most part.  Parker requested that we stay in the street so that he could go to almost every door by himself.  He did a pretty good job of saying "Trick-or-Treat!" and "Thank You!" on his own.  We were so proud of him!  He also threw in a few "Happy Halloween!"'s with a tip of his farmer's hat.  We had a great time! 

 

This is real life right here.  They do love each other so much, but she gets SO irritated when he holds on to her and won't let go!


Much better.  At this point, we decided that the hat was just way too big.  I broke out the scissors and cut it down a few inches. 


Rounding up his piggy.


 Keeping a good hold on her.


Love this one!  Perfect farmer with his pig :)



My sweet boy.  Notice Audrey's shoe in his pocket.

 

Miss Mischevious Piggy and "Farmer Brown" (Parker chose this name).  Love these two with all my heart!  



No comments: