Monday, January 14, 2013

The Weekend

This past weekend was a very busy one for us.  On Saturday, we had a work party to go to near Richmond in the afternoon, so we traveled up to Short Pump in the morning to do a very tiny bit of shopping.  The trip there was great--both kids slept almost the entire way there.  We couldn't have asked for better cooperation from them! 

When we go to Short Pump, it's almost always on the way to go somewhere else or in conjunction with other stores, so I usually hit the same few stores kind of quick--Janie and Jack, Saxon Shoes, Pottery Barn Kids, Crate and Barrel, and the Gap.  This trip was no exception.  The only place I made a purchase was Janie and Jack for a few clearance pairs of socks and tights and one cute clearance summer outfit for Audrey.  I could drop soooo much money in that store--their clothes are so sweet and well-made.  Their regular prices are way too expensive, though, so the only purchases made there are well-clearanced (yes, it's a term--haha) items.  Here is the only decent photo taken from Saturday:


Me and my girl in the bathroom at Pottery Barn Kids!  haha.  Their bathroom is great for diaper changing.  

After Short Pump, we headed to the team party.  The trip there involved a few winding roads that really affected me for some reason.  I haven't felt that nauseous from a car trip for a long time.  We finally arrived at the party after about 30 minutes of driving and a stop at the grocery store.  It was a nice social gathering at the team leader's house for Ryan's work, and we stayed for a couple of hours before heading home. 

The kids both slept the entire way home, and I also slept for a good portion of it.  I still felt a little ill when we got back in the car, so it felt good to "sleep it off" and wake up feeling pretty refreshed.  We got home at about 5:30 and had to change and freshen up to go out to dinner with our some old but also new friends.  My mom and sister came over to watch the kids because they are awesome :), and we left to enjoy a really great dinner.  

Sunday was a "regular old Sunday".  Haha.  The only exception was that I was singing a solo in church, so I had to be there early with Ryan for the first service and then also attended the second service.  After church, we had lunch at Uncle Al's and headed home to finish taking down our Christmas decorations.  Seeing them all over the house was really stressing me out, but there had not been enough time to get them done before that!  The kids both took great naps, and when they got up it was basically time to go to Omi and Opa's for dinner.  Before we left, Audrey had a little floor time to practice her crawling. 

 
 

 At Omi's, Parker's thing right now is to play with Renee and I's old Lego's.  He absolutely loves them!  I tried to get a picture of him but they turned out a little blurry.  I will try again next week.  Usually he plays with them until it's time for us to eat, and Audrey just gets passed around from person to person during this time.  They all can't stand to hold her :) 


 
 
 Granddaddy sure does love his grandbabies!

Omi really outdid herself this week with the desserts.  I have been trying so hard to keep away from most desserts and sugar and have actually done pretty good.  Before I decided to do this, I told myself that I would allow myself to indulge just a little on Sundays.  So glad I made this rule beforehand because she had made my favorite dessert, Apple Cake, and had also made the most incredible banana bread I've ever had.  They were both so good that I felt compelled to photograph them!

 
Seriously amazing.  Yum.  When we got home, we got the kids in bed and settled in to watch a little bit of the Golden Globes and then Downton Abbey.  DA is our favorite show right now and truly lives up to all the hype around it!  It has turned into a great Sunday night "treat."  Another fun weekend completed! :)

No comments: