Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Little Cabbage

I am currently in my 30th week of pregnancy! It is amazing how fast this is flying by. I have been feeling great and everything has been going well. I do have gestational diabetes and have an appointment on Tuesday with a dietitian to get more specific information about what I should and shouldn't be eating. I am looking forward to it because right now I have no real guidance at all. Things should be okay, though. I am not stressing!

Here is the information about the baby at 30 weeks:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

Everything at the house is going great. This weekend we finished everything up with the paint so that the carpet can be put down tomorrow. We are sooooo glad that we will finally have the carpet and be able to move in some furniture! We took a few pictures this weekend that I will post later. I am off to bed now. Last night we didn't get to bed until about midnight because we were at the house so late, and we got up at about 615. I am beat!

No comments: